Thursday 14 July 2016

The X Series- Chapter 2: Beyond Thirst

   

     I could barely breathe, but I could feel my throat so clearly. The walls on the side felt like bricks. Rough, and dry. Yes, I must have been thirsty. All I need is some water. I tried to find my balance, in an attempt to sit up. I used my hands to feel my surroundings. I ran my fingers through, trying to feel for something hopeful. It was rough, and dry, just like my throat. But I knew I couldn't give up, no matter how strange the situation is right now. I have to survive. I stretched more than I could. Then, I suddenly felt something that seemed like water. I was so happy. More than happy. Frantically, I scooped up whatever I could and wanted to shove it into my mouth. All of the sudden, in a blur, I thought I saw shadows zooming by. I quickly backed off till I felt something solid enough to be a wall.

      Wait. Why was I afraid for? I wasn't doing anything bad. All I wanted, was some water. Then, I remember this technique some humans used to tell me. It was called "breathing". Yes, that's all I need to do. Deep breaths, in, out, in.. and out. Slowly, my heart seemed to be pacing itself again. Bringing my hands closer to me, the water touched my lips. It tasted stale, salty, somewhat sweet and a little metallic. I thought it was strange yet familiar, but I couldn't care more, for I was beyond thirst.

The X Series: In this world that struggles between fantasy and reality, everyone and anyone can be X. How many of us have been blind to our own blindness, and deaf to the loudest cry? Without realizing how each and every one of us is contributing to this thing called "society", we expect so much of others while we give nothing. The truth remains that we all have the power to make decisions, but how many of us will be responsible? In the end, will we work towards bringing light into another someone else's life?

Read the first chapter of The X Series: Within the Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment