Tuesday 7 February 2017

Calendario: January

I guess I don't like the feeling that nothing much is happening. You know, every day is just okay. There is no huge catastrophe, but neither is there much happiness. The days no longer bring with it challenges, and chances for me to grow. I really don't like being stagnant. I rather sail through the storms than sit on a boat with no direction or destination in mind. This month is a little different. I have decided to make a change, and by saying that, I actually did something. "Who even keeps their New Year Resolutions?" Perhaps everyone breaks all the rule within the first week, I always did too. Procrastinating, pushing back my schedules, and saying that there is still time. But no, there is no more time. And every second that is passing with me still no doing anything is a waste. I am not saying that I won't let myself take breaks, but if I do, it's for the longer run. The run that has a goal in mind. Maybe the reason why I always fall short is because I didn't know what I wanted and my resolutions are just the typical ones. The reasons I made them? Because it's almost like we have to, and if we do otherwise, we are doing this life thing all wrong.

This year I set resolutions, or I would like to call them goals, that I actually want to achieve. Not for anyone else, but what I want deep inside. I am actually excited to accomplish them. In case you were wondering, no, it's not the "I want to get good results" or "I must get a high-paying job (which I will probably hate in the years to come). It might be very different from what most people want, but I am not "most people" so it doesn't really matter what other people think. Because people can think what they want. Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't make it any more right. As much as you have to be realistic, your dream can be too. Dreams are not just thinking but making it become your reality. I don't need everyone to approve of my dream, because 10 years down the road, you will see what I was believing in. That in itself is enough for me.

Just when I thought I was going to end January with a bang, I fell sick just before Chinese New Year. I am just laughing at myself and my life. Present tense because I still haven't recovered haha. Someone still haven't turned off the tap of my nose, and my throat is still a desert. However, I am still grateful because I am no longer feeling like I am in an oven 24/7. Neither am I shivering as if I am going to leave this world anytime soon. //Just when I want to live, I am pulled close to death again.//


Calendario: Every month in this world is a chapter. What will start to unravel, or will life remain stagnant?

Find out what happened in my February!

No comments:

Post a Comment