Friday 26 August 2016

The X Series- Chapter 3: Bland


      Slowly, the taste started becoming bland. I tried drinking more, but I could no longer connect any of it to the familiar tastes I know of.  Soon, I ran up of what I thought was water. It felt like I was in a desert, lost and alone. I was hungry, but there wasn't any food to be seen. I crawled around in the darkness, trying to search for anything that seemed edible. Then, I thought I felt something a little soft, slightly porous, and somewhat a rounded square. Yes, it must be some bread. I grabbed it and brought it closer to my mouth. I let it touch my lips, to see if it feels familiar. Then, it followed with a deep breath, to get a sense of the smell.

      It was then I realized I couldn't smell anything. Even the smell of the sewage was gone. There was no staleness, nothing. Just pure emptiness in every breath that I took. I was so confused, I seemed to be losing every little part of me. Then, I felt acid in my stomach, as if it was starting to consume me. I didn't care more, and simply shoved the whatever I thought was bread into my mouth. Gosh, it was gross. I felt like I was chewing up a bunch of grass, and nothing was digesting. It was rough and tough, nothing like what I thought it was before. At that point of time, I could no longer comprehend what was happening anymore.

Curious as to what happened before this? Check out the previous chapters!
1: Within the Darkness 
2: Beyond Thirst

No comments:

Post a Comment