Saturday 1 October 2016

The X Series- Chapter 4: Save me

      The ceiling almost felt like it was barely above my face. The air was so thin. Then, the space started closing on me. It was contracting. Yes. It was. I'm sure. I could feel my blood circulating around my body, or perhaps it was rushing through my veins. I knew every time my heart beats. I thought I heard my stomach gurgling. My lungs expanding, and contracting again. Every time I swallow, I could feel the fluids going down my throat and travelling to the next. I tried to relax, but I felt my scalp scrapped against my skull. The more I thought about everything, the more I felt like my brain was shaping and reshaping. I don't know what was going on. I was so confused, with everything happening all at once, my brain felt like it was fogging up. All I could hear was me, the echos within my head, and my inner voice.

      Then I started hearing the door knocking. A lot of knocks. Children crying, and voices screaming "save me!", but it was a deafening whisper. I was so scared, but why wasn't anyone seeing this? Were those humans blind or something? Someone, just take another look at me. Please, save me.

      In all that was happening, I felt tears welling up my eyes. I tried so hard not to tear up, but one of the tears still escaped. I thought I was going to laugh at myself, for being such a wimp, but relief started to take over me. A kind of feeling I never seem to experience before, and yet, it felt so familiar at the same time.

Wonder what happened before X reached this stage?
Take a look at the previous chapters!
1: Within the Darkness 
2: Beyond Thirst
3: Bland

No comments:

Post a Comment